The Plan will address the following aspects of downtown:
- Character & Design: visual character/form, architectural design
- Land Use & Development: zoning, redevelopment, preservation
- Open Space: parks, plazas, recreation, river access
- Public Works: utilities, drainage
- Streetscapes: sidewalks, benches, trees, lights, art
- Traffic & Parking: cars, bikes, pedestrians, safety, transit, signs/wayfinding*
*For the first phase of the Downtown Westport Master Plan, The RBA Group conducted a comprehensive traffic and parking stud in which traffic and pedestrian counts were conducted at 25 intersections and accident data retrieved for Town roads and State highways. RBA also inventoried on- and off-street parking in the downtown area and conducted utilization counts. An existing conditions report was prepared, in addition to a future projection scenario based on approved developments in downtown.